Cash Book Transfers
- Cash book transfers (CBTs) can be performed either directly from the CBT finder or from Bank reconciliations.
- A CBT is the transfer of funds between two Bank Accounts.
- If the bank accounts are from different Legal Entities then this is referred to as an Cashbook Interco Transfer (CBIT).
- To be able to transfer cash between Bank Accounts, the Legal Entity bank accounts must be setup to allow transfers between each other. The Legal Entities must also be setup to allow Interco documents between each other.
- Set the default Cash Book Transfer batch series in Environment settings.
- Set the Bank Accounts to allow Interco
- Setup the Bank Accounts payment methods for Internal transfer and Interco transfer.
- Set the Bank Accounts, allowed transfers
- Set the Document series on the Cash book transfer Document types and ensure the effective date is sufficiently in the past to suit e.g. historical transfers on the Bank reconciliation.
Cash book Transfer (CBT)
- Select NEW and then choose a row for the bank accounts you wish to transfer funds between
Transfer funds between different Legal Entity Bank Accounts
- Enter the transfer details
- Amount: This will be automatically set if the CBT is from a Bank reconciliation.
- Date(s): This will be automatically set if the CBT is from a Bank reconciliation.
- Description(s): This will be automatically defaulted if the CBT is from a Bank reconciliation.
- Bank reference(s):
- Payment method: This catalog is restricted to payment methods on the Bank Accounts for Internal transfers.
Payment methods are restricted to those setup on both Bank Accounts.
You can fix the payment method on the Bank Accounts.
Draft Cash book Interco Transfer (CBIT)
- Select CREATE as DRAFT
You can choose SUBMIT rather than CREATE AS DRAFT and the CBT will be submitted for authorisation and subsequently posted to the GL following authorisation.
- View the draft CBT
- The CBIT creates two documents, one in each Legal Entity and includes a line on each to reflect the Interco movement.
- The Interco movement line is defaulted from the x in Accounts settings.
- Select SUBMIT to submit for authorisation
Drill down to the GL posting
- Following authorisation and posting, by clicking on the CBT document number icon, you can drill straight to the GL to see the posting.